Join NorthWords for a very SPECIAL evening of spoken word and storytelling!
The theme for the evening is all matters of the heart: love, sex, dating, heartache, etc.
You have the microphone for up to 5 minutes to perform anything original that is spoken out loud (sorry musicians!). For example, you could read
- An original love poem you want to read to your spouse on this special weekend
- An erotic story that can’t wait until the Blush event
- A hilarious first date experience that you need to tell us about
- A heartbreaking chapter from a novel you hope to publish one day
- A cheesy poem you wrote in high school
- A standup routine about using Tinder in Yellowknife or anything else!
You just sign up at the door when you arrive. Event MC and NorthWords president Robyn Scott will be there to greet you. And be sure to bring along all of your friends so they can cheer you on!
Don't have anything to read? That's okay! Come watch the talented writers and performers of Yellowknife share their talent on stage.
Featuring a live music performance by Yellowknife singer-songwriter Liz Campbell
VENUE: The Top Knight (upstairs from The Black Knight). Full food and beverage service is available!
COST: Tickets are $15 at the door
WHEN: Doors open at 7:00pm, performances start at 7:30pm